The average speed of hair growth in women is between 4-6 inches per year. Stress, nutritional deficiency, skin infection and certain illness can slow hair growth and even cause premature hair loss.
The best way to encourage your hair to grow and stay healthy is to nourish your scalp regularly with deep-conditioning hair masks and a balanced diet.
6-Ingredient Oil Hair Bliss
- 100ml of coconut oil
- 100ml of olive oil
- 100ml of almond oil
- 100ml of castor oil
- 100ml of mustard oil
- 100ml of sesame oil
- A handful of curry leaves
- A few pearl onions
- Measure out all the oils and place them in a medium saucepan
- Cook over low to medium heat until the coconut oil has melted.
- Add the curry leaves and cook until the leaves become black.
- Add onions and cook until brown.
- Cool the oil and strain out the leaves and onion.
- Store the oil in airtight containers and keep in a cool, dark, place for up to two months.
How To Use It
- Warm up the oil slightly.
- Apply evenly to your hair and scalp, massaging it into your hair follicles.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave in for 2-3 hours.
- Shampoo, condition, and style as usual.
- Apply twice a week and it will make your hair grow.
How It Works:
- Coconut oil protects hair from damage and protein loss. It also prevents dryness and split ends retaining moisture in the hair shaft.
- Olive oil contains oleic acid, palmitic acid, and squalene, which soften hair and make it shine. Olive oil also kills fungi to treat and prevent dandruff.
- Sesame oil contains sesamin and fatty acids that fight fungal and yeast skin infections.
- Mustard oil contains zinc, selenium, and beta-carotene, which nourishes the scalp and hair and promotes hair growth.
- Almond oil is full of hair-healthy fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E, and magnesium, which is particularly potent in preventing hair loss.
- Castor oil is antibacterial and anti-fungal and is said to promote hair growth up to three to five times the normal rate.
- Onion and curry leaves, on the other hand, are time-tested natural remedies that Indian women rely on to help their gorgeous hair stay long and beautiful.